Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
While you might not treat mold with the urgency of a fire or water disaster in your home, you probably should. Mold organisms are destructive and aggressive, moving rapidly through a structure and causing problems for your family. Our SERVPRO team is experienced and trained to help.
Containing Mold Growth in Your Home
With the pace that mold can move and spread throughout a structure, focusing first on the containment of active spores is imperative. Using pathways like structural openings or vents and returns of the HVAC system, microbes find homes all around your home without action to stop it. We cover doorways with plastic sheeting and seal over HVAC entrances to contain the workspace effectively.
Removing Mold Damage Fast
Working quickly to eliminate mold and mildew growth in your home is necessary. You might have already been facing this battle with surface cleaners, but the recurring threat has made you lean on experienced remediation professionals like ours. We have multiple strategies to manage stubborn mold colonization, including:
- Antimicrobial surface treatment
- Sanding and mechanical action
- Dry ice blasting
The Full Needs of Your Home After Mold Damage
There is more to cleaning and restoring your home after mold damage than meets the eye. We have skilled professionals to manage the remediation portion, but we also supply a general contractor license to complete needed repairs and build-back services to help. This offering allows us to ensure customers take the next recovery step fast.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (718) 400-9051
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of The Rockaways, Coney Island?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (718) 400-9051
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The Rockaways, Coney Island is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Queens community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2210 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: